Rather than trying to lose a large amount of weight, you’ll have better results if you attack your weight challenge 10 pounds at a time. This is a manageable and believable goal, and you’ll only need to make a couple of small changes to achieve it.
Then you can set another goal to lose another 10 pounds. Just keep going until you’ve reached your weight goal. Don’t forget- Worcester Fitness is blessed with a full team of nutritional coaches that are ready, willing, and very able to help you with any questions you have!
Do the minimal amount to lose 10 pounds in a reasonable amount of time. The fewer changes you make, the easier the changes will be to maintain. The fewer changes you make, the more changes you can make in the future. If you use every trick and tactic right out of the gate, you’ll run out of tools to use in the future.
Lose 10 pounds with the minimal amount of stress and effort:
1. Drink fewer calories. If you drink calorie-containing drinks, it’s easy to consume a lot of calories without your awareness. Switching to water is an easy way to save yourself several hundred calories each day. You can flavor it with fresh fruit.
2. Walk. Hitting the gym could be even better but be certain you’re walking each day. We’re meant to move around more than most of us do. If you have foot or leg problems, swimming is an excellent alternative.
3. Eat slower. You’re much less likely to overeat if you eat slower. Pay attention to the food in your mouth and chew thoroughly. Avoid watching TV or playing on your phone while you eat. Give your meal your undivided attention, eat slowly, and you’ll eat less.
4. Reduce your intake of processed carbs. These are also loaded with calories and are unhealthy food choices. These include things like cookies, crackers, bread, and pasta.
5. Stop eating after dinner. After two or three meals, your body has had enough. Eating after dinner is unnecessary and can cause a host of problems. Eating a lot and then going to bed isn’t optimal for your weight or your health.
6. Sleep more. Studies show that tired people are attracted to fattening foods more than the well-rested. A lack of sleep also contributes to metabolic issues that make it harder to maintain a healthy weight.
7. Eat at home. Eating out and being healthy is challenging. You can save a lot of calories and money by staying home for your meals.
8. Weigh yourself daily. When you measure something, the thing you measure changes. Weigh yourself each day and average your weight at the end of each week. You might find this is enough to move your weight in a positive direction.
9. Eat more vegetables. With few exceptions, vegetables are low in calories and high in bulk. You’ll feel full without expanding your waistline. Follow your mom’s advice and eat more vegetables.
10. Skip breakfast. For ages, we’ve been told to eat three meals a day. However, newer research suggests that skipping breakfast or dinner is a healthier way to live. Avoid skipping lunch. This idea works best if you skip dinner, but most people find it easier socially and psychologically to skip breakfast.
Losing 10 pounds is a lot easier physically and mentally than losing 60 lbs. Set a series of 10-pound weight-loss goals until your target weight is reached. A few small changes can be enough to see real results.
Just add a few of these tips to your life until you’re losing 1-2 pounds each week. Avoid the temptation to try to lose 25 pounds each month. Two pounds/week is 100 pounds/year. How much did you lose last year with your current strategy?
For your best results, take your time and make permanent changes to your habits.
Get in touch
The many benefits of exercise are well documented, through numerous journals and studies that come to the same conclusion: exercise is good for both body and mind.
2020 has been a tough year on all fronts for nearly everyone. Normalcy was thrown out the window, and for many of us our daily routine has not been able to get back to what it was.
The first step on the path to downshifting your stress level is to recognize the signs of being overly stressed in the first place.
Being physically fit provides us with the self-confidence, energy, and strength to confront the many obstacles life may throw at us and allows us to live our lives to the fullest!
Our smartphones consume our thoughts and take us away from doing things that make us feel good like exercise and spending time with people who enhance our lives. The content we consume can cause unnecessary stress and it’s time to put a stop to it.
About the Club
Sign Up for Emails
Tagged: #8weektransformation, #balanceddiet, #caloriesincaloriesout, #diet, #diethacks, #diettips, #eatclean, #eatingright, #exercise, #fattofab, #fattofitjourney, #fitfam, #fitnessprogress, #flabtofab, #gettingfit, #gettinginshape, #halotop, #healthierme, #healthyfood, #healthylife, #myfitnessjourney, #nonscalevictory, #notadiet, #weightlossdiaries, #weightlossdiary, #weightlossdiet, #weightlosshelp, #weightlossjournal, #weightlossjourney, #weightlossmotivation, #weightlossquote, #weightlosss, #weightlosssurgeryjourney, #weightlosstips, #weightlosstransformation, #weightlossupport, fitnessjourney, fitspo, healthy, weightloss